Updated 07/19/2010 05:00 AM
Recipe: Asian Style Corn, Shiitake Mushrooms and Ginger
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
4-6 as a side
- 4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed from cob
- 5-ounce package pre sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- Olive oil for sauteing veggies
- 1/2 large red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 heaping Tbs peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add a good splash of olive oil to a large nonstick pan on medium high heat and add 1 small diced onion and 1 large minced clove of garlic and cook those until they start to soften up.
Next, add 1/2 deseeded and diced red pepper and the 5-ounces of sliced shiitake mushrooms and cook those along until the mushrooms have softened up a bit.
Then add a heaping Tbs of finely minced ginger and the fresh corn.
Leave the heat on medium high the whole time you're cooking these vegetables and after the corn has been going along for another 3-4 minutes it is time to add the baby spinach.
Add the spinach a handful or two at a time and let it wilt into the mix and then season it with salt and pepper and it is good to go.
Substitute approximately 3 cups frozen corn if fresh corn is not available. Use a combination of olive oil and sesame oil if you like and season with a touch of soy sauce instead of salt for more Asian flair.