Donations Sought for Cardboard City Event
Donations are now being accepted for the fourth annual Cardboard City event.
The event aims to build awareness and seek donations for the homeless by creating a "city" out of cardboard and sleeping in it in Cobbs Hill Park.
Youth from the City's Bureau of Recreation and Monroe County will host the event on Tuesday, July 31st.
Organizers are seeking material item donations, as well as gift cards. Donations will go to the Brighton Food Cupboard, the Salvation Army's Genesis House, the Center for Youth, Blessed Sacrament's Dinner Program, and the House of Mercy.
Donations can be brought to the Cardboard City site during the event on Tuesday or to any city recreation or community center during open hours.
Salvation Army's Genesis House
* Undergarments and socks for teens
* Personal Hygiene Products
Center for Youth
* Hygiene & Hair Products
* YMCA Passes
* School Supplies/Gift Cards
* Backpacks/Larger Size Clothing for Male Teens
* Winter Coats
* RTS Bus Passes
Blessed Sacrament Dinner Program
* Non-Perishable Food Items for salads (cans of olives, chickpeas, tuna, dressings)
* Peanut Butter
* Chicken Broth
* Booster Seats/Toys/Books for very young children
The House of Mercy
* Men and Women's undergarments and socks
* Non-Perishable Food Items
* Pre-teen and toddler swim suits
Brighton Food Cupboard
* Beans (Pinto, Navy, Chili, Black)
* Canned Fruit, Vegetables
* Pasta Sauce, Canned Tomatoes
* Canned or Boxed Juice
* Evaporated, Powder and Condensed Milk
* Healthy Snacks
* Personal Hygiene Items
* Household Items
* Paper Products
* Baby Items